The most important thing is to make sure you get a certificate that proves your vehicle has been scrapped. If you don’t you could be liable to pay traffic fines if your car is resold rather than scrapped and the new owner breaks the law.
- Make sure your car is scrapped at an ATF – an authorized treatment facility.It must be licensed by the Environment Agency or the Scottish Environment Protection Agency.
- You should be given a certificate to show your car has been scrapped, within seven days of the scrappage.Its correct name is a Certificate of Destruction (COD).
- The ATF will tell the DVLA that you don’t own the car anymore.
- You should complete section three of your V5 document(which relates to the sale or transfer of your car) and send it to the DVLA.
- The DVLA will send a reply to you confirming that you’re no longer responsible for the car.If you don’t get this letter within four weeks, you should contact the DVLA.
The Scrap my car in Stafford, Scrap my van in Stafford will find you the best scrap car price in Stafford – whether it has plenty of miles left in it or it’s ready to be scrapped. Get an easy free instant quote for your scrap car or van by entering your car’s registration number and postcode and you’ll instantly see how much your scrap car is worth.